Council Rock Newtown Athletic Association (hereafter referred to as CRNAA) has found it necessary to implement a registration cancellation policy. The policy is intended to fairly deal with extenuating circumstances, while at the same time underscore the need for the commitment to the game and in particular to teammates once the season begins. In order to withdraw a player from the program the parent/guardian of a player (hereafter referred to as the player) must submit a request to the President and Player Agent of CRNAA at
and firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reason for the request.
Request for Refunds (In-house program):
Requests for player withdrawal received prior to March 31st may be subject to a cancellation fee of forty dollars ($40) which will be retained to cover administration costs. Choosing to leave registration payment in before said date as a credit for another season will automatically waive this cancellation fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after March 31st and before April 30th are eligible for a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after April 30th are not eligible for any refund.
Request for Refunds (American Legion program):
Requests for player withdrawal received prior to May 15th may be subject to a cancellation fee of forty dollars ($40) which will be retained to cover administration costs. Choosing to leave registration payment in before said date as a credit for another season will automatically waive this cancellation fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after May 15th and before June 15th are eligible for a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after June 15th are not eligible for any refund.
Request for Refunds (Travel program):
Requests for player withdrawal received prior to January 1st may be subject to a cancellation fee of forty dollars ($40) which will be retained to cover administration costs. Choosing to leave registration payment in before said date as a credit for another season will automatically waive this cancellation fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after January 1st and before March 31st are eligible for a refund of twenty five percent (25%) of the registration fee.
Requests for player withdrawal received after March 31st are not eligible for any refund.
Request for Refunds (Tournament and District program):
Requests for player withdrawal are not eligible for any refund.
**PLEASE NOTE: This refund policy is put in place to cover the league based on administrative costs to the league as well as the costs for uniforms ordered and/or provided to players when costs incurred can no longer be reversed.**
EXAMPLES FROM OTHER LEAGUES:
To submit a refund request, please send email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Include “Refund Request” in the subject line
- Please include the following in the message body:
- The player’s name
- Parent’s name
- League the player was registered in (IE: “Instructional League”).
- Reason for the refund.
All refunds, at a minimum, will be assessed any transaction charges SAYB has incurred either in the original registration or via the electronic refund process.
Once registration closes, all refunds will be assessed a $40.00 processing fee.
No Refunds will be issued after March 10th for Little League (Ages 12 and under)
- Little League refunds requested after the tryouts and before March 10th, will be granted a refund minus transaction fees, provided there is a written document from a doctor supporting a medical issue that prevents the registered player from participation.
No Refunds will be issued after April 1st for Big League (Ages 13, 14, and 15) for any reason.
- Refunds requested after the tryouts and before April 1st, will be granted a refund minus transaction fees only in the case where there is a medical reason. It will require a written document from a doctor supporting a medical issue that prevents the registered player from participation at any point during the season.
At no point, will any refund be given if the player or their relative has been dismissed or suspended due to unsportsmanlike behavior or failure to comply with behavior guidelines.
General Refund Policy (Spring/Fall Seasons)
Refunds (less administrative fee) are only on the cost of registration and available upon request based on the below schedule:
§ Full refunds are available upon request, if request is received prior to the DRAFT DAY/TEAM FORMATION/CLINIC PLACEMENT date.
§ Partial Refunds (50%) are available upon request, if request is received on DRAFT DAY/TEAM FORMATION/CLINIC PLACEMENT date and prior to the OPENING DAY/FIRST GAME date for the division your child is placed in.
§ No Refunds are available on OPENING DAY/FIRST GAME/FIRST CLINIC date and thereafter.
How to Request a Refund
All refund requests must be made via email to
. Refunds will be issued by a credit back to the credit card used for payment. In the event of a dispute, appeals to the MCLL refund policy must be made to the Board of Directors via email to
or at one of the regular monthly meetings.
COVID-19 Refund Policy (Spring/Fall 2021)
COVID-19 Refund Policy: If the season or clinics are cancelled in their entirety due to COVID-19, MCLL will offer families the option of: (1) a full refund less the administrative fee; (2) a credit in the full amount (registration fee + administrative fee) that is valid through close of registration for the Fall 2021 season; (3) the option to make a tax deductible donation of the registration fee to MCLL. In the event the Fall season or clinics are suspended after the start of practice or the clinic, MCLL will attempt to provide a credit or refund based on how much of the season was played less the administrative fees, costs of uniforms, field costs, and any other sunk costs incurred by MCLL up until the point of season cancellation.
2021 Winter Workout Refund Policy
Full refunds (less $5 administrative fee) are available upon request if the request is received two weeks prior to the start of the clinic (e.g., if the clinic begins on Saturday, February 20, MCLL must receive a written request for cancellation no later than Saturday, February 6). No refunds will otherwise be provided except as otherwise noted below. All refund requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued back to the original form payment.
Cancellation by MCLL or D-Bat Due to COVID or Other Reasons: If cancelled by MCLL or D-Bat prior to clinic start date registrants will be given the option of (1) a full refund (less $5 admin fee) to their original form of payment or (2) a MCLL credit (including admin fee and valid for use through close of registration for the Spring 2022 season). If cancelled by MCLL or D-Bat after the start of the clinic, registrants will be provided a credit by D-Bat in the amount of any remaining classes (less $5 admin fee).
Cancellation Due to Weather: If a day of clinic is canceled by D-Bat due to weather, a makeup date will be provided and no credits or refunds will be issued. D-Bat makes all decisions related to weather cancellations and makeups.
SBL Refund Policy
Refunds requested prior to opening day (dependent on division) will be paid out in full, minus the cost of the player’s uniform ($40) and a processing fee of ($5).
Refunds requested after opening day will be not be granted.
*If the player has paid the $15 fee to choose his or her own number, then uniform cost is ($55) instead of ($40).
Emergency Cancellation Refund Policy
In the event that the season must be cancelled due to Covid-19 or any other emergency, refunds will be given as follows:
· If the season is cancelled prior to opening day (dependent on division), refunds will be paid out in full minus the cost of the player’s uniform ($40) and a processing fee of ($5).
· If the season is canceled earlier than two weeks after SBL opening day (depending on division), refunds will be paid out at 25% of the total registration fee minus the cost of the player’s uniform ($40) and a processing fee ($5).
· If the season is canceled two weeks after opening day, no refunds will be granted.
*If the player has paid the $15 fee to choose his or her own number, then uniform cost is ($55) instead of ($40).
*If the season is delayed, then the refund pay out timeline will be revised.
PLAYER CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
Elite Athletics, Inc. d/b/a Team Elite Baseball (Hereinafter “Team Elite”) is committed to providing our players with the unparalleled opportunity to enhance and develop their knowledge and skills in order to meet their individual baseball developmental goals. Team Elite recognizes that obtaining quality training, coaching, and play time can all be key components to support our players’ athletic careers. We also realize that at times, injuries may also play a role in a players path of reaching their goals. Therefore, we have our cancellation/refund policy posted below for your review. Please click on the applicable tab below for the player cancellation policy outlining the eligibility and other requirements for a player and his/her parents related to each policy.
· TEAM PLAYER CANCELLATION
In the event of an unfortunate season ending injury, please review the below reimbursement policy in its entirety before submitting the reimbursement form. If you will be submitting a request for reimbursement, please click on the link below to complete the form in its entirety and submit.
REQUEST FOR REIMBURSEMENT
This policy provides the requirements and process to potentially obtain a reimbursement for a portion of the player registration fees, as defined below, that are payed to Team Elite for a player’s participation in the Team Elite Program in the event of a season ending injury. Any approval of any reimbursement will be governed by and subject to this policy.
Administrative Fee: The fee charged to each player to offset the administrative costs and expenses incurred by Team Elite in the operation and management of their program.
Player Registration Fee: The fee charged to each player to obtain a spot on a Team Elite team and participate in the Team Elite program. Except as provided herein the player registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
Length of Season: The season begins on the first day of practice and ends at the conclusion of the last scheduled regular season game or tournament.
Season Ending Injury: An injury will be considered “season ending” when a licensed physician determines that due to an injury a player cannot participate in the remainder of the on-going season and/or the up-coming season. The physician’s determination of a season ending injury must be in writing and addressed directly to Team Elite or otherwise subject to verification.
Player registration fee reimbursement is only offered in accordance with the rules and conditions outlined in this policy. Team Elite reserves the right to update, modify or terminate this program at any time without binding itself to or fulfilling any specific course of action from past or future commitments. The most recent version of this policy may be found at www.teamelitebaseball.org. Team Elite maintains authority and discretion to make decisions on circumstances not expressly covered in or by this policy.
Team Elite shall not be obligated to approve any request for a player registration fee reimbursement based upon any other reimbursement decisions made for the benefit of the same or different players. Each request for player registration fee reimbursement shall be evaluated for eligibility based upon the current facts and circumstances. Team Elite shall have sole and final authority to make all decisions regarding the approval or denial of any player fee reimbursement request.
All requests for player registration fee reimbursement must satisfy BOTH of the following conditions:
- The player has suffered a season ending injury; AND
- The player is current on the payment of all player registration fees and administrative fees.
Procedure to Submit Request:
To submit a request for player registration fee reimbursement the player’s parent should fill out Team Elite’s “Reimbursement Request for Season Ending Injury” form, this document can be found on the Team Elite’s website. The completed form should be submitted toInjury Reimbursement Request
In order to complete the form, the injured player must be evaluated by a licensed physician. The licensed physician must determine the player’s injury will prevent the player from participating in the remainder of the on- going season or prevent participation in the up-coming season. The licensed physician’s determination of a season ending injury shall be attached to the completed Reimbursement Request for Season Ending Injury form.
Pro- Rata Reimbursements:
The length of each season is divided into four (4) quarters for the purposes of calculating the potential amount of each player registration fee reimbursement.
Eligible player registration fee reimbursements will be made on a pro-rata basis based upon the quarters remaining in the current Team Elite season from the date of the season ending injury. Reimbursements shall be calculated as follows:
- If a season ending injury occurs before the first quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to one-hundred percent (100%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the first quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to seventy-five percent (75%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the second quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to fifty percent (50%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the third quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to twenty-five percent (25%) of the player registration fee.
- Injuries which occur in the fourth quarter of the season are not eligible for any refund.
- Players shall not be eligible for refund of any amount of the Administrative fee.
Ineligible for Reimbursement:
Player registrations fees will not be reimbursed by Team Elite for any of the following reasons:
- Players’ Voluntary Cancelation.If a player voluntarily cancels or withdraws from participation with Team Elite for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.
- Voluntary cancelations would include cancelations unrelated to a season ending injury and may include all personal reasons such as moving, or other family events which may prevent the player from participating.
- Dismissed Players. A player who is dismissed or removed from his/her Team Elite team by the team’s head coach for disciplinary reasons will not be eligible for a refund of any player registration fees. All players may be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to dismissal, by the team head coach for any behavior which affects the player’s ability to fully participate on the team or behavior which is detrimental or dangerous to the other players on the team. After a head coach has made a decision to dismiss or remove a player, such player is not eligible for any refund.
Exclusions from the Reimbursement Policy:
This Reimbursement Policy will not extend to reimbursement of player registration fees resulting in whole or in part from, or contributed to by, or as a natural or probable consequence of, any of the following:
- Suspension of the Player for all or part of a season for disciplinary reasons
- No refunds will be made to any players who are suspended from their team for all or part of the season as a result of disciplinary action by the head coach.
- War or any act of war, declared or undeclared.
- A Player’s inability to participate due to loss or injury caused by the player’s consumption of alcohol or any non-prescribed medication.
- Player’s decision to quit participation with Team Elite for any reason.
- A player’s removal/reassignment from a team based on lack of effort in competition
- A player’s temporary inability to participate due to vacation, family emergency, illness, non-season ending injury, or other reason.
- All late fees are non-refundable